Trying to follow quick-start (REMBRANDT), but F2 properties are "grayed out"

Previous topic - Next topic

T-buch

(The Quick-Start Manual -> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Quickstart#Step_Three:_Adding_Text

I have come to where I have to insert text (Step Three), and that's where I am now stuck, because all the points in the F2 properties ("X,Y,Z" tab) are "greyed out"
¤PC2 (00965).jpg

What did I do wrong?

RodneyLee

make sure you are actually in the text box, cursor should be seen (double click on text box to get in)

PatJr

I think that's for 1.4.x
In 1.5.x there is a separate dialog for test frames.

But yea, you are right, these 'walk trough' should actually lead to where it's supposed to be going, step by step. Scribus is a bit of a swim or sink program, works but not for the faint of heart.

T-buch

T-buch

Quote from: RodneyLee on February 21, 2023, 01:36:36 PMmake sure you are actually in the text box, cursor should be seen (double click on text box to get in)

Thanks for the reply
I have doubly Click and i Have a blinking cursor

¤PC2 (00967).jpg

PatJr

sorry, the oldest version I can install is 1.5.6.1
and it seems to work fine

T-buch

Okay it is just because it says that the "The current stable release is 1.4.6"

utnik

hi t-buch

Quote from: T-buch on February 21, 2023, 08:08:11 PMOkay it is just because it says that the "The current stable release is 1.4.6"

this 'quick start' tutorial is made with scribus 1.3.9.svn. (you can see it on the window title in some of the screenshots...)
and the actual (so called) stable version is scribus 1.4.8. but many scribus users switched to the much more advanced (and actually very stable) developer version 1.5.8. i would recommend this to you too. even if it means that some oft the functions mentioned in this tutorial may not be at the same place anymore. the most essential change is the splitted 'properties' window.
now there is a general 'properties' (f2) and a 'content properties' window (f3).

utnik

MrB

I put a bold italic note at the top of that wiki to alert people that its aaaages old.

RodneyLee

does right-click on the text box open a dialog? and maybe lead to the text editor

T-buch

Don't know - has uninstalled 1.4.6 end installed 1.4.8 - It has the text editor but I like the F2 options better cause you see the chance immediately

Thanks for your suggestions