Custom formatting of text

Previous topic - Next topic

NickSA

Hey Guys,

New user of Scribus here so not very familiar with it yet. I was wondering if there is a tutorial or documentation section relating to custom formatting of text. I am using a text box that I need to take specific information. It has to be formated the following way:

#### / ###### / ##

# = any number
/ = an actual /

Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Nick

Meho R.

Custom formatting usually means manually applying different fonts, italics, bold and other attributes to specific parts of text, so I'm not sure what is the problem with the numbers in your post. Can you provide a little bit more infos and a real example of usage, please?

NickSA

Sorry I don't think I made that very clear reading it over again now.

I use a form that captures company information from my clients. One of the fields has to be in the format of 4 numbers then 6 numbers then 2 numbers seperated by a / between each group. They can put those in themselves but I am trying to make it so they cannot leave out a number by mistake or the /

The one option I have is to create three text boxes and seperate them with labels for a / but it would be great if I could somehow modify their input to display like this.

Meho R.

You need a PDF file with a form in it which your clients are going to use to enter data, right? Take a look at this basic example in the attachment. I did use three PDF text fields, but I believe it is possible to customize the form further with JavaScript so that only one field is necessary and the input is automatically converted to the template you need. However, this is beyond my knowledge of JS.

[attachment deleted by admin]

NickSA

Thanks for all the effort. I will be using that on the form as its exactly what I need.