Picture with caption above and below

Previous topic - Next topic

apastuszak

Hello All!

I am using Scribus to design a stamp collecting album, and I want to make sure I am not doing to much work.

In the layout of the album, I need to have a box, with a reduced size picture of the stamp inside of it.  The box needs a border, and I need a stamp name on top, with descriptive text on the bottom.

Example:

So, the way I did this layout, was make a picture box, put the graphics in it, reduce it by a percentage to make the white space around it, and added border.

I then added a 4 mm contour line around the box and told the text to flow around the contour line.

I made a text box the same width as the picture box, typed in the title and the descriptive text and laid it over the picture box so that the title was on top and the description was on the bottom.  Then I just grouped it.

Some of the headings have more than one line to them, and I need to make sure that they are all spaced the same distance from the picture box, top and bottom, and that a row of these is aligned to the top of picture box, and not the top of the heading.

I am finding it difficult to ensure that the distance between the heading and the picture box stay consistent without doing a lot of manual resizing all the time.

So, my question is, am I doing it right, or is there a better way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

A PDF of my final product can be seen here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2301411/Ukraine-1992.pdf

If you would like my Scribus file to see what I am doing, I will be happy to provide it.