Text to path button not available?

Previous topic - Next topic

Never too late

Quote from: AdmFubar on January 02, 2023, 06:19:30 PM
            x              (x)                    Ok what version of gtk, and it is time to send us an example of a document that you are having trouble with. either the one that is gibing you the issue, or you can make a sample document for us to examine.

Jammy (22.04) : gtk+3.0 package (3.24)

This is the tutorial I'm trying to follow https://thenewstack.io/off-shelf-hacker-draw-analog-gauges-graphics-program/
Attached screen shots of where I get stuck. (You can see where the buttons are not available)

The thing that I am trying to create is a printable speedometer faceplate that is in both Mph and Kph to replace the one that I have.
I was using "blocklayer" and made a few versions, but was limited in individual number sizes.

utnik

in your screenshot you just selected the circle, not the text field. you need to select both items.

utnik

edit: ...and if you're working with the linked .svg file, you should replace the values with a real text field. otherwise there's no text to be aligned anyway. (those numbers are just polygons – no text so far...)

Never too late

Quote from: utnik on January 02, 2023, 09:17:38 PM
in your screenshot you just selected the circle, not the text field. you need to select both items.

utnik

edit: ...and if you're working with the linked .svg file, you should replace the values with a real text field. otherwise there's no text to be aligned anyway. (those numbers are just polygons – no text so far...)

That seems to be the issue in trying to select both.  If I hold down the control key while clicking on circle, I lose the text field. Dosen't seem to hold both?

I just posted those as visual examples. Wasn't sure what format would be visible here when I did.

Never too late

Wow!!! Do I feel really stupid!!! :-[
I just realised that I was holding down the Ctrl key instead of the SHIFT key!!! It now works!!!! ;D

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

I'll keep you posted with my progress.
Thanks again!