Can't select multiple checkboxes

Previous topic - Next topic

rjantz

Hi,
I'm using Scribus 1.5.8 on Arch. When I create a pdf form with checkboxes, only one checkbox can be selected at a time.

Any previous checkbox selected will be unchecked automatically. I have not created any actions in the properties of the checkboxes. I've tested by creating a new file, create two checkboxes, then export as pdf. In the pdf reader, after putting a checkmark in the 1st box, when I click the 2nd checkbox, the checkmark in the 1st box is automatically removed.

I also tested the same steps in version 1.4.8 with the same results. Any ideas? Thanks.

Riquez

I have the same issue on 1.6.1

I create 3 separate PDF checkboxes named "s1", "s2" & "s3"
For some reason only 1 can be ticked at a time. Ticking another turns OFF the previously ticked one.
This is more like the behaviour of a radio button & not a checkbox.

I am unable to find a way around this.

PatJr

what pdf reader are you using
have you tried to use a web browser to view the pdf

can you post a sample sla file?

Riquez

Quote from: PatJr on February 18, 2024, 09:09:53 PMwhat pdf reader are you using
have you tried to use a web browser to view the pdf

can you post a sample sla file?

Thanks. I'm using Gnome Document Viewer (aka Evince) v45
In firefox the checkboxes work, so im guessing Evince is the issue.

Here is the .sla anyway (google drive) (there's a BG image, it will probably be missing, but the check boxes are top right x3)

PatJr

yes, it looks like the pdf viewers are the issue, I don't have Acrobat so I can't try with that one, it does look like it works with Firefox, in Vivaldi you even get the stars

AdmFubar

Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist