Scribus > Scripts and Plugins

Image Advanced Wizard

(1/2) > >>

Watkins:
In Scribus 1.5.8 (Windows x64), we are trying to use the 'Image Advanced Wizard' script from the official site and this error is appearing -

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 29
    print "This script requires Python's Tkinter properly installed."
                                                                    ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print("This script requires Python's Tkinter properly installed.")?

We edited the code and added the missing brackets which simply displays the error message correctly.

This was working fine on 1.4.8 and we had to upgrade to 1.5.8 to be able to retain PNG image transparency - all the other scripts work just fine, this is the only one which is not working.

The script was obtained from here - https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Image_Wizard_Advanced

Any help on getting this working again would be thoroughly appreciated as this has completely broken our workflow - many thanks for your time!

AdmFubar:
There are changes in the scribus pything api. Scribus now uses Python 3 now in the  1.5 series. these changes are probably what is impacting the functionality of this script.

Watkins:
Hi @AdmFubar - thank you for your reply and for bringing this to light.

Our coding knowledge in python is incredibly limited and I don't have the faintest idea where to start in rectifying this script - is there anyone who would be able to edit this to get it working?

To be honest, the functions we require are to scale multiple images to fit frame proportionally and to replace multiple images at once - if we could at least get this working that would be excellent.

Hope you're keeping well and thanks again for your time!

AdmFubar:
I've had the need for this and want to update or create from scratch a working version of this. Learning cuve is a little rough for me at the moment, medical issue may interfereing.  It has been a while since i've coded anything. but i'm plugging along.  Just dont count on me at this time finishing it soon.

Watkins:
Thanks for getting back to me and amazing news that you also have the need for the script and are working through it!

We spent ages looking through the code and addressing each error one by one and have gotten all the way down to 'haveDoc' at the bottom of the file being called as an error - maybe this will help you in some way or you'd be able to fix the last elements, code is at the link below as I exceeded the character length of the post by pasting it in.

https://justpaste.it/7jzfd

Hope you're doing well regarding the medical issue as well and wishing you all the best, thanks again for your time!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version