Import a MS Word document

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddivh

I'm a total newbie to Scribus and don't even know what to search for to find a post on this topic.

I want to create a Scribus template (I think), with a front page, followed by a "TOC-page", then followed by a series of pages with text and images/drawings. I want the number of the following pages to be automatically adjusted (with a fixed layout) to the size of the imported document. Then, at the end of the document, I want a page dedicated to the bibliography.

Intuitively, I would make a template consisting of four pages: 1) the front page, 2) the TOC-page, 3) the content page, and 4) the bibliography page. Pages 2, 3, and 4 should be automatically expanded depending on the size of the content.

The "TOC-page" may have to be generated in Scribus because the page number of the chapters and heading may change from what they are in the Word document.

Can anyone please provide a simple explanation, a tutorial, an example, a Youtube-video or similar that explains all this? I take it for granted that it is a relatively simple task.

I think Scribus could be a good tool for e.g. publishing scientific papers for any conference.

(PS! I'm using Scrivener for the writing process with the option of compiling to Docx using Pandoc. I need to go via MS Word for the collaboration with my colleagues.)

Thank you.

Nermander

Quote from: Oddivh on October 07, 2022, 11:47:12 AM
I want the number of the following pages to be automatically adjusted (with a fixed layout) to the size of the imported document.

This part is not possible with Scribus at the moment, you would have to insert pages manually.

Also, as far as I know, creating a TOC in Scribus cannot be automatically created from headings (as in most word processing applications).

I would suggest instead using Libreoffice Writer for the task, unless there are some specific reasons the PDF generated by Writer is not acceptable.

1eduard

To insert a MS-Word document into a Scribus document you've to convert it in an .odt document, make a new document with text frames and finally right click and get text?