Missing folders in file manager when importing anything

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchiePlays

I just started using Scribus but I have a problem. When I want to import something (anything ranging from images, colours and so on) I don't see all my folders in the file manager.  ???

Is there a way to refresh the folders it looks through?   

I already restarted the program and my laptop but that didn't help.  :'(

RodneyLee

DutchiePlays

I'm running Scribus version 1.4.8 on a 3 year old Windows 11 laptop. I have 500 gb SSD, 1 tb HDD and I have 1 tb of OneDrive storage. None of that comes even close to being full.

My laptop is an ASUS ROG Strix GL531GT-BQ170T.

AdmFubar

it might be that your default folder view at the os level isnt  showing folders fist and or that folder view is sorted by something other than the name.
i know you can adjust the view sort by clicking on the appropriate column header. how ever the default view is to scroll the files horizontally. there should be a button in the file window to switch the view style to view with column headers.  I'm sure windows should still have an option to switch the view style.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

DutchiePlays

I know I have to scroll horizontally. The folders are sorted alphabetically. It's the newest folders and files that are missing. As if it doesn't check for changes to the files and folders since installing Scribus. Changing the sorting to vertical did not help unfortunately. I couldn't find the column header button though.

DutchiePlays

Quote from: DutchiePlays on September 22, 2022, 10:23:49 PM
I know I have to scroll horizontally. The folders are sorted alphabetically. It's the newest folders and files that are missing. As if it doesn't check for changes to the files and folders since installing Scribus. Changing the sorting to vertical did not help unfortunately. I couldn't find the column header button though.

I jus realised the headers show up in the vertical ordering view. Changing those doesn't help though.

For further clarification: The folder that is missing is a folder in OneDrive and OneDrive is fully synchronised. I can access this folder from anywhere but Scribus.

RodneyLee

I wouldn't use scribus with cloud folders, things tend to go wrong, try setting up a normal folder, see that scribus works as expected, then if you must have onedrive backup that folder without changing the folders location

AdmFubar

yeah fog computing is always iffy. move those needed files to a local drive and see if the issue persists.The next thing would be to check the settings for the onedrive folder, and see if there are any settings for refreshing the directory listing.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

DutchiePlays

I was apparently looking in an old OneDrive back-up folder. I found the right folder and that fixed it. Sorry for wasting your time.  :o