Curved text

Previous topic - Next topic

soso

Moin.
Trying to create a text round a circle. But text become inverted. How should I deal with this.

AdmFubar

I'll take a stab at this, start your path for the text  at the bottom and have it travel clockwise.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

soso

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately it did not work. I use a polygon as circle. Could it be the problem?
Best regards
Søren

AdmFubar

Ok I got a solution that works! for me at least, lets see if it works for you.
Create your line text, and it the properties, to a horizontal flip of the text frame. :) Next attach it to the path shape you want. I  your case the ring you are using.When you attach it it wont be right, the text base will be attached to the outer edge, but on the inside of it.Now go to the text dialog, and in the path text properties, second last option is flip text, click the selection box. Your text should be on a path the right way. Use the start offset to adjust where you want it along the path.. :)
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

utnik

Quote from: AdmFubar on August 30, 2022, 04:24:09 AMOk I got a solution that works! for me at least, lets see if it works for you.
Create your line text, and it the properties, to a horizontal flip of the text frame. :) Next attach it to the path shape you want. I  your case the ring you are using.When you attach it it wont be right, the text base will be attached to the outer edge, but on the inside of it.Now go to the text dialog, and in the path text properties, second last option is flip text, click the selection box. Your text should be on a path the right way. Use the start offset to adjust where you want it along the path..

...or just flip the circle (with the attached text)...

utnik

soso

Thanks Utnik.
The text flipped to the outside. But text is still inverted. I cannot find the invert mechanism.

soso

I found a solution. Making the polygon in layer 1, make a besiercurve in layer two and attach text.
Thank for you participation.
Best regards
Søren