Printing guides

Previous topic - Next topic

geoma

Hi!
Here a free software promoter,
new on the forum and Scribus

Is it possible to print guides?
I am making a calligraphy worksheet and found that the option to custom define guides (for example, I define 52 lines within margins) is very practical for me. I would like this guides to be printed, without me needing to draw lines over each one. Is it possible?

thanks!

toyotadesigner

Draw one horizontal line, set the options (length, position, line size -> thickness)
Keep the line selected or select it
Menu -> Item -> Duplicate/Transform -> Multiple Duplicate
Dialog opens
Insert number of lines you want
Insert vertical spacing (gaps)
Hit ENTER
If you want an even distribution, drag the bottom line to the margin of your page
Select all (cmd+a)
Menu -> Align and Distribute
Dialog opens
Select »Distribute« Tab
Select »Make vertical gaps between items and the top and bottom page margins equal«

geoma

Thanks @toyotadesigner !
This is the solution. We can´t make scribus print the guides, but we can easily draw a line, multiply it and arrange it so we achieve the same purpose.
thanks!

a.l.e

geoma

that's cool!
But I can't run scripts
It's a GUI thing...
If I click on the menu toolbar, some menus open on the other screen (Script menu opens on my second display so I can't hover over it, it disappears.)
Ok, I changed my configuration to only one display. Now I can use the menu, but If I click "About Script" or "Execute Script",
Scribus crashes.

qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
Scribus Crash
-------------
Scribus crashes due to Signal #11
thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: BoolError { message: "Can't find property 'flags' for type 'RsvgHandle'", filename: "/build/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/glib-0.15.11/src/object.rs", function: "glib::object", line: 1232 }', src/c_api/handle.rs:1504:10
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace
fatal runtime error: failed to initiate panic, error 5

a.l.e

it looks like you have an issue between Qt and Wayland...

see

https://github.com/githubuser0xFFFF/Qt-Advanced-Docking-System/issues/288

for the (likely) reasons why that happens and some workarounds : - )

geoma

Thanks!

Sad thing QT is not working properly on Wayland. Hope they solve it soon. Using xwayland as a workaround but hiDPI looks blurry because of fractional scaling so... let's just hope it the fix it soon.

thanks!