SVG imports as a black rectangle

Previous topic - Next topic

otaara

I'm trying to import an SVG file, but it comes up as a black rectangle.  Opens fine in Inkscape, and saves fine, as far as I can tell.  Can't find an instance of this problem in the forums.  Help?

[attachment deleted by admin]

RodneyLee

try "Drag and Drop" SVG onto you're page

RodneyLee

I just did this and got black BG, then I ungrouped the SVH and removed the background :)

otaara

I don't want to remove the background -- the problem I have is that the entire thing imports as a black rectangle, like this: https://i.imgur.com/Qc3i6lC.png .  It might actually be dark purple, I'm not quite sure, but it's definitely not blue with white and gold stars, which is what it's supposed to be.  I can ungroup it and separate the stars from the background, but everything is the same black/blackish purple.  In Inkscape, it's blue with white and gold stars.

It's a cropped-out section of a larger original, which imported fine, but I only wanted to use the one section.  My current "fix" is to save it as a pdf and import that, but that rasterizes the graphics, which becomes visible when blown up to a three-foot-wide banner.

AdmFubar

I'm wondering if scribus is misreading the background layer's position and placing it in front of all the other layers.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

mnawij

I changed the colors in inkscape and the file imported just fine. The only thing I noticed was that some of the colors said linear gradient and I made them all "flat" in the dialog. Not sure if this was the problem. Oh the one in the original colors is a vector pdf I created in Illustrator from the svg. That had no problems as well.

Cheers!

mnawij

[attachment deleted by admin]