Scribusoid

Author Topic: Is there any easy way to find where a font is being used in a document?  (Read 299 times)

apastuszak

I'm exporting a document to PDF and it wants to subset a font I am not using. I double checked all my styles and checked my document properties, but the font is not there. Is there some way to find out what is using that font?

apastuszak

I did some digging. I opened the SLA file in Visual Studio code, and can find the object IDs for the 5 objects using that font. Is there any easy way to find an object on a page by it's object ID?

Nermander

If you have the names of the objects, I think you can use the Outline view to find them.

toyotadesigner

• Active Scribus Mac User
    • architectural, industrial and business photographer
To find an object, just open the »Outline« window by selecting it from the menu on top (screenshot 1).

Then open the triangles and search for your object ID and modify or delete it (screenshot 2)

If you double-click the object in the list, Scribus will jump directly to the object in your document.
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
Sólo unos pocos saben lo mucho que hay que saber para saber lo poco que se sabe.

— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]

Yarasi

• Scribus User
If you are viewing a document in a word processor, highlight the text and look in the toolbar at the font option. It should display what font is used in the highlighted text.

AdmFubar

• Scribus User
I'm exporting a document to PDF and it wants to subset a font I am not using. I double checked all my styles and checked my document properties, but the font is not there. Is there some way to find out what is using that font?
This may be the default font that is being used for text when you start scribus. Did you choose other fonts as you created your document?       
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 12:44:29 pm by a.l.e »