Author Topic: Copy existing page but have distinct layers.  (Read 532 times)

discord

• Scribus User
Copy existing page but have distinct layers.
« on: May 10, 2022, 11:36:16 pm »
Hi,

I copied a page in my "sla". However when I remove a layer it appears to remove the layer on both the copied page and on the original. I wish to have "distinct layers" for the copied page so that I can edit them independently. What am I doing wrong, or how do I achieve this?

toyotadesigner

Re: Copy existing page but have distinct layers.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 10:34:03 am »
Layers are document wide, which makes sense (at least to me). As far as I know (I may be wrong) there is no layout software where you can assign different layers to different pages.

discord

• Scribus User
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 03:58:34 am »
For my use case working with layers is a difficult pain. I have content from an sla that I want to divide between two pages in the same sla. So naturally I want to copy the existing page. But I want the copied page to have different layer names so I can edit them independently. I am not sure what value a copied page has if you cannot edit the layers between the pages independently.

Nermander

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 02:08:49 pm »
The OBJECTS on the copied page can of course be edited independently.

And then you can of course create new layers and move those object to these new layers. I am not sure if Scribus has a "move to layer" function, but selecting, cutting, changing layer and pasting back should work.

toyotadesigner

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 03:02:59 pm »
Select an object -> right click -> send to layer X

[attachment deleted by admin]