Extreme slowness when deleting pages/text

Previous topic - Next topic

Akiros

Hello everyone,  I'm working on a document of around 120 pages which consists of images and text. I have automatic pagination and page references all over the document.
At the moment when I need to delete a page it will currently take 10 to 15 minutes to load. This is quite extreme and makes my work way too long.
Deleting single text frames also take a bit of time (1 or 2 minute, something like that), my text are not linked and were all created through the scribus text editor. Deleting images is fine.

I don't really know what to do, I thought it might be related to the fact that everytime I delete a page, all of my automatic page references need to check their current page number. Is there a way to disable it for a moment and then make it load manually ? Or is there a workaround this problem that would let me delete pages fast ?

Thanks to anyone who might help.

System info :

PC : Ryzen 4800H - GTX 1650 - 8GB RAM - SSD
Scribus 1.5.7

toyotadesigner

I never used page references, so I don't know their function.

However, 8 GB RAM seems a bit too little for Scribus and a 120-page document. In addition, the workflow I learned decades ago was different:

01. Typesetting (writing text)
02. Text layout
03. Add images
04. Edit until you have the final version
05. Add any references

My experience: Scribus works best if you follow the logical (and old fashioned) workflow.