Images change size when I open my file

Previous topic - Next topic

Sap-

Hi all, I hope my question is clear as English isn't my first language.

I've had an issue with images changing size when I open my file. I'll upload an image, change it so it fits what I had in mind, then save my file and close it. All is well. But then, when I open the file, the pictures have changed size! My latest example below:

The cards were supposed to all be the same size, and I've changed their outline so that they can't be seen through the "spreadsheet" because as you can see some of the lines are partially transparent. That took me a lot of time and tinkering and when I opened it today the cards were all different sizes and their outlines seem to have changed which cuts part of the images...

Another example from an earlier version of my work:

Last time I closed that file, the character was on top of the margin and there was no part of him cut. Now he's below the margin and his feet are cut and I can't figure out why!

It's driving me insane because I'm self-taught and everything I work on takes me a lot of time, so opening my file and seeing hours of work wasted for no apparent reason is making my head implose... Please help me understand what causes this and how I can avoid it in the future!

Sap-

Hi all

Sorry I just realized I dodn't post my question at the right place... No idea how I arrived in this section. My apologies.

utnik

hi sap

i'm not sure what went wrong here. usually scribus doesn't change the size of placed files in secrecy...
did you manipulate the images in some way outside of scribus? (in this case scribus would load the manipulated version when you reopen the file...)
what scribus version do you use? (if it's 1.4.? i would try to open a copy of the file with scribus 1.5.8...)

utnik

Sap-

Quote from: utnik on April 20, 2022, 08:21:47 AM
hi sap

i'm not sure what went wrong here. usually scribus doesn't change the size of placed files in secrecy...
did you manipulate the images in some way outside of scribus? (in this case scribus would load the manipulated version when you reopen the file...)
what scribus version do you use? (if it's 1.4.? i would try to open a copy of the file with scribus 1.5.8...)

utnik

Hi utnik and thanks for your reply!!

I haven't manipulated the images outside of scribus, although when I upload them on my work I have them be scaled depending on the "image box" I created beforehand (my scribus is in French so no idea what it's called in English). Then I change the outline of the image so that my text can adapt more closely etc. Could it be than when I open my file, the images get scaled again on the new outline? Like if I trimmed some parts of the image before saving and closing my scribus file, then the imag with scale back to that trimmed version and appear smaller?

AdmFubar

x              (x)                    I'm thinking your configuration file might be the culprit. Locate the .scribus  directory, usually in your user directory and with scribus not running, rename it to .scribus-old.Restart scribus and open the troublesome files and see if the issue persists. if not, great. issue solved, if it is still there then that isnt the problem. You  might want to revert using the old profile. quit scribus and then delete the new created configuration and rename the .scribus-old  to .scribus.

Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist