Links for pgn/jpg images

Previous topic - Next topic

ryzek

When you change the location of the image, the link is broken. I have more than 100 pgn/jpg-links in one document.

Now it is necessary to reorganize and change the place of storage of these images.

Is it possible to change the links in SCRIBUS all in one? Or do I have to change image for image? Please help.

Jürgen

Wena

I believe there is something called "Collect" in the manus, that will collect and make your present file independent of the graphics. It is the way that is used when you need to transfer the document to another computer.

If you have another computer with Scribus on it first of all "collect" save the file on a flash card or caddy and tray it without deleting the original file.

If that works then you can be safe to move the photos.

Wena D. Parry

ryzek

Quote from: Wena on March 03, 2012, 10:34:26 AMI believe there is something called "Collect" in the manus.

I cannot find anything like "Collect". Maybe in the German version it is called in totally different.

Quote from: Wena on March 03, 2012, 10:34:26 AMIf you have another computer with Scribus on it [...]

Furthermore I do not have another computer with Scribus on it. Sorry.

The only relevant thing I find is in the object-manu a tool called "Pfadwerkzeuge". It is only highlighted when a frame is chosen. But even then none of the tools such as "Pfadoperationen", "Pfad teilen" and some others is highlighted.

Jürgen

utnik

hi ryzek

the function wena mentioned is: 'file' → 'collect for output' (in german: 'datei'→ 'für ausgabe sammeln'). it puts all the stuff you need for the project in a folder (fonts, pictures, vectorgraphics, your .sla file...)
if you don't have such a collection, it's really bad practice to move the pictures of an active project!

the 'path tools' ('pfadwerkzeuge') have nothing to do with document paths – this is a set of tools to work with path objects.

utnik

ryzek

hallo utnik,

Quote from: utnik on March 04, 2012, 12:43:11 PM
bad practice

Right. Well, it is like it is. Thank you for your comments, wena and utnik.

Jürgen