Inserting a textbox inside a textbox

Previous topic - Next topic

ising4jesus

I'm having trouble getting this feature to work properly.

I *can* insert a textbox inside another, however, after I do, the box is no longer editable.
Does anyone know how to make this work properly.

Right now, all I can do is insert the box in the containing page.  This will allow the object to be placed, and editable, however it will not flow when the text in the main text box is changed.

Any ideas?

RodneyLee

a text box on top of another text box?,  "Shape" works if this is what you are trying to do

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

If I understand right, ising4jesus wants the text frame to move with the text, inside the text frame (the same way as an inline image frame inside a text frame does?).

ising4jesus

You're correct, Nermander. 

I already know I can put a box on top of the text... but the box will not flow with the text. 
The text frame will flow, but it is un-editable, once inserted.

I went ahead and reported this as a bug on the Scribus bug-reporting website.
If anyone can think of a good work-around, I'm all ears!  ;-)

utnik

did you read the answer from jean ghali to your bug report?
if your scribus version doesn't support the editing of inline objects, you might need to update to something more recent...

utnik

rocking

I am using Scribus 1.5.7 and I do this all the time without any issue.

I have a text box on a page (two columns) and I insert an image box and then another text box for the image caption.

Perhaps the layer of the inserted text box is the problem?  It has to be on top of the larger text box.  Sometimes my caption text box disappears and then I have to select it and do Level > Raise to top.

Hope this helps.