Table Row/Cell Shading - Can't replicate existing format, has something changed?

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffM

Hi Folks,

I know that Tables in Scribus can be a bit 'quirky' but I have used them successfully on several occasions in the past. Unfortunately, in trying to produce a short tutorial for another user I've gone back into existing literature and now simply cannot replicate what I have produced previously. I know I can produce tables externally and import them as an image, I know I can change the background colour/transparency for a complete table, but that's not what I want in this instance.

I need to be able to produce alternating shaded rows, as per the attached image, and try as I might I simply can't reproduce the existing format. I'm currently on 1.5.7, I'm pretty sure that I used this to create the attached, although I guess it could have been 1.5.5.

I can call up properties for the table but not for individual cells or rows, so can't alter their shading.

I'm obviously missing something, but can't figure it out. Anybody suggestions anybody?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi jeff

in the content properties (f3) you'll be able to change the background for a selection of cells.

utnik

[attachment deleted by admin]

JeffM

Hi Utnik,

Many thanks, I don't know how I'd have found that without your help, although I must have somehow figured it out the first time.

Having 'Properties' under the Table pulldown menu or as a Right Click operation with cells highlighted would have saved me several frustrating hours, I can't say that f3 is terribly intuitive.

Thanks again.

Jeff

utnik

hi jeff

Quote from: JeffM on January 24, 2022, 02:22:31 PM...I can't say that f3 is terribly intuitive.

it may not be intuitive, but essential. it's the content palette (for text frames, image frames, tables...)

utnik