Scribus > Layout Issues

Baseline grid creates weird spaces

(1/3) > >>

Ewac:
Hi, I have a problem with the baseline grid, it creates weird spaces between lines in random places and I cannot find the reason or way to fix it. This is a text frame with two columns, all text in the same style that has baseline grid as setting for line spacing. I already checked and there are no additional breaks or anything that would create these spaces.
The screenshot shows an instance in the left column (the right column has a regular paragraph break).

utnik:
hi ewac

if there's no paragraph break in the left column, this is really weird. (you should show the control characters to be sure…)
could you share the .sla file for a deeper investigation?

utnik

Ewac:
Thank you for the quick reply. The file is rather big, so I'm sending a copy with only those pages that contain the error (I'm not using the style with baseline grid on the other pages). I think I find two instances of the weird spacing and there is also an instance where a column break is made, even though there is still enough space to put two more lines (setting is set on not seperating first and last two lines).

utnik:
hi ewac

i don't work with scribus 1.5.5 any more. but in 1.5.7 and 1.5.8.svn your file (with subsetted fonts) doesn't show those 'unintended breaks'.
the setting for 'orphans and widows' doesn't work as expected. i see two paragraphs starting with a single line at the bottom of the columns. i know, there are some open bugs related to 'orphans and widows' – can't help here.
for the 'unintended breaks' i might need the font files to check again. ('file' → 'collect for output')

utnik

Ewac:
I hope this is the right thing I'm sending...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version