Image frames are getting printed, even if they not exist.

Previous topic - Next topic

sdenna

My company and our customers are facing this boring glitch on some ".sla" files.
When we try to print a text with an image next to it we see sometimes a 2 side frame on the border of the image in the print preview (Scribus preview and our Printer Driver's preview. eg: image with top and left side of the image frame or bottom right).

Here is an example of a png image being printed with the half frame: https://imgur.com/a/sDYJ3A4

The real problem is that we can't troubleshoot the error because it seem to happen randomly.
There are days in which we can print over 50 different files using Scribus without any problem and sometimes we face this glitch and can't print correctly.

I've tried to look for a solution here and on the web but it seems no one has ever faced this kind of issue.

toyotadesigner

The image looks as if you have cropped an image with a hairline frame, where the left and top hairline remained in the image. Even a 1 pixel narrow line will show up in the print.
Some graphic and image editors use a soft edge/feathering when cropping, so you might check the original image again.

sdenna

HI toyotadesigner, thank you for the answer!

It happens with all kind of images: cropped, not cropped, pngs, jpegs.
The only problem is that sometimes it happens and sometimes no.
The image is perfect and has no frame.
It's like 3 days I'm trying to replicate the error but I failed. For now it seems all is working fine but our customers and our colleagues tell me they are facing the problem. (I'm using same files and images they are trying to print and for me it's always working fine).
I thought it could be a visual glitch but when you print the frame gets printed and that's so annoying.
I will attach a ".sla" file and the PNG used that seem to be broken for some people and you will clearly see there is no problem in it. (unless you face the error).

[attachment deleted by admin]

toyotadesigner

OK, I've downloaded your files and couldn't find any problems.

I've constructed an *.svg for the Martini glass and inserted it, so you can check if the *.svg file also features a border.

For printing, I've used different settings. You might check them as well.

You can download the zip file here: sacalobra.com/samples/martini.zip

[attachment deleted by admin]