Choosing from dropdowns

Previous topic - Next topic

vulpeto

I'm relatively new to Scribus, but I am enjoying it already.
I am not able to use dropdown menus, once I open them, i cannot use the mouse, only the arrow keys, but then I don't know how to select a choice, if I press enter it just opens to change the name. For example on Edit>Colours and Fills>Merge Colour Set.

I am on a mac. I suspect there is a way or a setting that i am missing. Thank you for your help.

toyotadesigner

Which macOS version do you run?
Which Scribus version do you run?

vulpeto

macOS BigSur 11.2.3
Scribus Version 1.5.6.1

thanks for trying to figure out what is going on  :)

toyotadesigner

OK, I don't run BigSur, but Catalina. Procedure should be identical.

Go to »System Preferences« -> In the bottom left corner »Click the lock to make changes«, then »Click Security and Privacy«, then click the tab »Privacy«.

Follow the screenshots below and check if your settings are identical.

Or just reboot.

In addition it might help to install the current svn: https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-svn/1.5.8.svn/

Scroll down and select »Scribus15xNightly_Mojave-20211008-r24739.dmg«, download and install it. In case the system should ask you: Allow every access to the system. First time, open the app with a right click and then open, then agree. Your system will memorize it, it's a one time task.

[attachment deleted by admin]

vulpeto

Dear toyotadesigner,

thank you for your instructions, although they haven't given the results we wished.

Under System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Privacy, the setting for Files and Folders, I only have the option to check "Documents" and "Desktop". The setting for Screen Recording was off, but is now on, and I have downloaded the current svn. And rebooted. But no luck, I still can't use the mouse in the color dropdown menu. (And if you know how i can select with the keyboard, that could also be useful). Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

toyotadesigner

Well, no, in this case I don't have any other ideas.

You might try this: Click in the menu bar on the very top of the program window »Edit«, then use the »cursor down« arrow -> as soon as i.e. the »Colors and Fills« is selected, press »Enter«.

vulpeto

I can get to the menu "Colors and Fills" with the mouse. It's when I get in there, and go for the menu "Merge Colour Set", that I cannot choose between say "Shades of K/Tango/X11".

[attachment deleted by admin]

toyotadesigner

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Yup, that part with the Color Sets doesn't work at all. As far as I remember, the last time it was fully functional was in version 1.4XX.

vulpeto

that explains it, then i know it is not me.

thank you for your help. 8)