First day and first impression on Scribus

Previous topic - Next topic

WAGCOM

HI everybody,
I'm new here and I initiate myself to Scribus today after having sent 20yrs on other software. First big thanks to all the people behind you did a great job so far. My first impression is that I was convinced. But I think if thing are taken one after the other Scribus  can be in a short time in beast mode.

Things that should be I think for a first day on it:
- The user interface. A dark interface helps a lot to be focus . I have seen that for Linux it's like so but not windows yet.
- The second thing is that it would be great if we can always have an image frame active if it is out of the page on order to be able to grab it back at anytime.
Third things is the shortcut. It would be great to have a customizable keyboard shortcut in order to be quick and avoid looking for how and where to get the functionality.

Last but not least the workspace is not memories when we close scribus and open it again.

I'll continu my second day tomorrow and give feedback.

Thanks again to this community

Regards

Wesley

WAGCOM

Hi Guys,
as you can notice i'm already addicted to.... ;D :D

I wanted to rectify these two points:
- The second thing is that it would be great if we can always have an image frame active if it is out of the page on order to be able to grab it back at anytime. (found) _ OK

Third things is the shortcut. It would be great to have a customizable keyboard shortcut in order to be quick and avoid looking for how and where to get the functionality.  (found) _ OK

The only points so far reamain:
- Workspace is not memoried when i close scribus and open it again.
-The user interface. A dark interface helps a lot to be focus . I have seen that for Linux it's like so but not windows yet. If so ... Please
let me know how

Cheers

Wesley

RodneyLee

Hi, which version of Scribus are you using? I use 1.5.7 on Linux Mint and it remembers window position when I close and reopen