Scribus > Text and Typography

indents

(1/1)

WHYz:
Hi, For years I've been manually putting an indent on the lines of text under the beginning subject because I couldn't  figure out how to have it done automatically (like I always did when using Page Maker). But now I'm wondering if there _is_ a way to set the text to do that automatically. Sometimes I can't get the other lines of text to indent without my rewording, so I'm really hoping someone can help. (TIA)

Nermander:

--- Quote from: WHYz on October 22, 2021, 08:31:02 pm ---Hi, For years I've been manually putting an indent on the lines of text under the beginning subject because I couldn't  figure out how to have it done automatically (like I always did when using Page Maker). But now I'm wondering if there _is_ a way to set the text to do that automatically. Sometimes I can't get the other lines of text to indent without my rewording, so I'm really hoping someone can help. (TIA)

--- End quote ---

It sounds as if what you are asking for is hanging indent, and of course that is possible in Scribus.

Essentially you set the intent for the paragraph to a value (like 1,5 cm) and then you set the first line indent to the negative of that value (-1,5 cm in this example).

I think you need to set this in a style though, I think it's not accessible as direct formatting.

Scroll down a bit on this page
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Styles

steven8:
Quick note to add to Nermander's suggestion.  You can't manually input a negative number as an indent.  You enter the positive number into the paragraph indent, and Scribus automatically makes the first line indent the identical negative.

I'm attaching a picture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version