Bulk changing shape sizes/

Previous topic - Next topic

StainlessB

I have version 15.6.1 and have found my way around  most things. I make pages for specialized stamp collecting- so lots of boxes (shapes). I am trying to standardize on readily available cut mounts and in going back to my earlier pages where i was cutting my own mounts-  my question is:

Is there a way to select just specific shapes and change all to the same width and height?  I am currently doing his one at a time whichis a bit tedious and prone to errors  changing each dimension.

I am running OSX 10.14.6  iMac,

Thanks

RobSay

You certainly can automate selection of objects and then setting the size and location of those items. Scripter is the tool for this but it's not exactly aimed at someone new to Scribus.

To automate changing your items efficiently you need a way to tell Scribus which items you want to change. This could be as simple as 'every object on the page' or more specific such as frames of a specific type or with a specific attribute. Your ability to automate may there be limited by how your earlier documents are structured. Once you can select the items, resizing and moving them in a script is trivial.

I recently answered a similar question about resizing text frames: https://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,3046.msg19058.html#msg19058 and provided the basic script as the starting point.