Printing A5 booklet onto A4 sheets...

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanpaulbardou

Hello,

In the good old PageMaker days, it was easy to print an A5 booklet onto A4 sheets, because PageMaker could provide the right sequence of pages.

Then came Indesign, and maybe it was because I did not look close enough, the thing seemed to be that it was not as easy anymore.

Then I got tired of using a program I could not afford and I moved to Scribus, a couple of years ago now.

Scribus can definitely not achieve all the niceties Indesign offers, among which going from A5 pages to A4 sheets for printing on one's home printer.

Now, if somebody can show me that I am mistaken and there is an easy way to do that to be found somewhere, let me know...

Otherwise I have written a little "program" that does that. It is to be found on Github, under "Scribus_to_Print".

Check it out and let me know.

Thank you!

HikinMike

I'd like to know too. I'm trying to create a letter-sized booklet.

I did try to use your script, but you must have removed it.

utnik

Quote from: jeanpaulbardou on August 08, 2021, 02:08:28 PM...it was easy to print an A5 booklet onto A4 sheets, because PageMaker could provide the right sequence of pages.

impositioning is not really the job of a layout program. but if it's only about reordering the pages to get simple printer spreads, i use either the 'booklet printing' function of a .pdf reader or 'jpdftweak'.

Quote...I have written a little "program" that does that. It is to be found on Github, under "Scribus_to_Print".

github says 'this repository is empty'.

utnik

JavierSam

In case you are a Linux user like me, this task can be done by exporting the A5 document from Scribus to PDF and then using bookletimposer (https://kjo.herbesfolles.org/bookletimposer/) to do the imposition.