Scribus > Linux

Colorprofile for print not shown

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nermander:

--- Quote from: Bogo75 on July 27, 2021, 12:41:41 pm ---I have unzipped the archive and copied the included .icc to /usr/share/color/icc/

--- End quote ---

Are you 100% sure this is the right way to install the profiles? (I have not installed any ICC profiles in a couple of years, so I don't remember if is as easy as that. And I don't have Scribus installed on a Linux machine at the moment.)

Did you check the ownership and permissions on the files? Maybe Scribus is not allowed to read them.

I notice that on the Ubuntu machine I have here there are no profiles in /user/share/color/icc/, instead there are two subfolders (colord and ghostscript).

Bogo75:
I am pretty sure the path is correct as other manual installed profiles are shown within Scribus. But I have tested the folders you mention as well. No chance.
I am not sure, if I want to go with "any" ICC profile. Isn't there a way to convert to a different format. Or better: Is there experience with Saal Digital anywhere?

Bogo

Nermander:

--- Quote from: Bogo75 on August 22, 2021, 11:53:18 am ---I am pretty sure the path is correct as other manual installed profiles are shown within Scribus. But I have tested the folders you mention as well. No chance.

--- End quote ---

I didn't intend you to randomly test copying to different folders, but rather research the correct way to install profiles.

I personally never manually copy things to /usr/share, because those folders are often maintained by install scripts (at least under Debian derivates).

toyotadesigner:

--- Quote from: Bogo75 on August 22, 2021, 11:53:18 am ---Isn't there a way to convert to a different format. Or better: Is there experience with Saal Digital anywhere?

--- End quote ---

The company is extremely Adobe oriented and biased. Use the standard PDF/X-4 and contact an experienced printing company that knows how to handle their RIP.

Bogo75:

--- Quote from: Nermander on August 22, 2021, 01:33:54 pm ---I didn't intend you to randomly test copying to different folders, but rather research the correct way to install profiles.

--- End quote ---

I didn't do the installation randomly. First I followed the Scribus docs here: https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Getting_and_installing_ICC_profiles
Second I researched the Gentoo docs about installing color profiles.
And the last step was to debug Scribus itself:
strace -fetrace=file scribus |& grep local.*icc

As that said, I am pretty sure I had chosen the correct path in the first. Not to say I am sure. :-)

Stange that they are that biased as they mention Scribus on a different doc about preparing documents for printing. Maybe I really go without softproof, but with a profiled monitor setup only.

Bogo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version