Error 11 Crash on Startup

Previous topic - Next topic

Crestliner

Trying to run Scribus Version 1.5.7 on Endeavor OS (arch based). It crashes at startup with a "scribus crashes with a signal 11" popup. 

sizeof(TrkHeader)=1000
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_ogr.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
libgdal.so.29: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ReaderWriterTF::writeObject
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_gdal.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
libgdal.so.29: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
pathForIcon: Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/1_5_1/lab.png: File not found
pathForIcon: Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/1_5_1/spot.png: File not found
pathForIcon: Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/1_5_1/register.png: File not found
qt.gui.icc: Unsupported ICC profile class 70727472
QPngHandler: Failed to parse ICC profile
Scribus Crash
-------------
Scribus crashes due to Signal #11
Calling Emergency Save

RodneyLee

Adrien Hegy

Hi,

I posted a comment under the Archlinux.org bug tracker with a solution that works for me : https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/71711

QuoteHi there,

I had a similar problem (#11 signal), I don't know if it has same origin but what did the job for me :

Use the no-splash option which disable starting screen, after that Scribus start at document creation and seems to work fine.
Following lines from scribus -h gave me this idea (french version, sorry about that) :
-ns, --no-splash Ne pas afficher l'écran de démarrage
-nns, --never-splash Cesse d'afficher l'écran de démarrage au démarrage. Ecrit un fichier vide appelé .neversplash dans ~/.config /scribus
I confirm that using -nns option works even after launching program out of a terminal (from start menu or from a file)

Hope this might help you having Scribus working and maybe debugging the problem.