Story Editor malfunction on Chromebook

Previous topic - Next topic

aldobranti

I have been running Scribus 1.4.8 and 1.5.6 under Debian Linux in a Chromebox
After a few minutes work in text frames, I go into a story editor which is completely unresponsive. My only action must be to quit the text frame, quit the application and go back in for a further few precious key strokes
This problem occurred first in S148 and I found no help in the web so I tried with the S156 appimage from the downlaod site.
With S148 I was using the debian/buster repos
the chromebox tracks Google Chrome OS and is currently at v 91.0.44

I have a professional job to get out of this which I am trying to do completely open source -- is any one out there successfully running scribus on a chrome os environment ? what debug information can I gather ?

aldobranti

the appimage is logging a pile of these

GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: 17:27:43.530: gdk_pixbuf_get_n_channels: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

and some quicktime errors

qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
No XVisualInfo for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
Falling back to using screens root_visual.

aldobranti

I reverted my Chromebox to a date when 1.4.8 was working and the AppImage also spun up so I am back to work
Looks as if I had mangled my QT5 environment  but I am not enquiring
thanks for all the help