Scribus > Text and Typography

How exactly works the orphans and widows control?

(1/2) > >>

pcpress:
I'm using Scribus Version 1.5.6.1 (AppImage). This version has Orphans and Widows Control. I have a text in two pages. On page 1 I have a Text Frame link to other Text Frame (this second text frame on page 2).

My text has an oprhan line and appears in text frame 2, but I'm using the Orphans and Widows Control (Text Properties > Orphans and Widows). In this section I set 1 lines in Don't separate first and Don't separate last. Even I probe with other numbers (2 or 3 lines) and nothing happens.

Maybe I miss some setting or the Orphans and Widows Control has a way that I don't know for achieve its purpose.

toyotadesigner:
Make the text frame a bit longer.

Nermander:

--- Quote from: toyotadesigner on April 27, 2021, 12:57:52 pm ---Make the text frame a bit longer.

--- End quote ---

But is not the whole purpose of the automatic widows and orphans control to not have to do manual adjustments?

toyotadesigner:
In general: Yes. If you want to typeset a 600-page novel: Yes. For a flyer: No.

If you want to know more, use the search function here in this forum, we already had this topic with several excellent results.

pcpress:

--- Quote from: toyotadesigner on April 27, 2021, 12:57:52 pm ---Make the text frame a bit longer.

--- End quote ---

But I'm working a book and I have set my margins, so I can't change the size of text frame. I've perceived the paragraphs are modify maybe for the influence of Orphans and Widows Control but I feel it inconstant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version