Scribus > Beginner Talk

Preferences not affecting document

(1/1)

atloomis:
I went to 'preferences' → 'text' → 'columns & text distances' to give textboxes a small margin, but it did not affect the positioning of text at all. How do I make it do that?

Nermander:
You have to change the properties for all already inserted text boxes. That setting will only affect text boxes you create after changing it.

atloomis:
New text boxes aren't using the setting either. I uploaded a video showing the behavior to dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvgkri7z7mo4008/2021-04-27%2012-03-38.mkv?dl=0

atloomis:
I figured it out. Changing the setting in preferences has no effect (presumably it sets the default for new documents?), changing it in document setup works.

Nermander:

--- Quote from: atloomis on April 28, 2021, 06:27:33 am ---Changing the setting in preferences has no effect (presumably it sets the default for new documents?)

--- End quote ---

Yes, that is one of the confusing things with Scribus, the difference between Preferences and Document setup.

I think previously you changed settings without a document open to change the defaults for new documents, but that was even harder for people to understand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version