Printing problems in Scribus

Previous topic - Next topic

vadv55

Available: OS ALT Linux (KWorkstation 8.2), inkjet printer HP DeskJet 1220C (location - localhost, connection - parallel port). When trying to print from Scribus 1.5.3 a standard file (test1.sla), a blank sheet of paper is skipped instead. If I replace the current print driver with others, the following occurs:

• CUPS + Gutenprint v5.2.14 - 1 blank sheet is skipped
  • Fumatic / pcl3 - the printer does not respond to printing.
  • hpijs 3.18.12 - the last line of the file is printed.
  • hpcups 3.18.12 - 2 blank sheets are skipped.
Does Scribus require a dedicated print driver to print? Any advice on this issue would be grateful.

utnik

if printing from scribus doesn't work, just print from a .pdf reader – it's the standard workflow anyway.

utnik

toyotadesigner

You might try the software RIP »Turboprint for Linux«: https://www.turboprint.info/

Nermander

Since printing usually works from a PDF viewer, the issue is obviously not with the printer driver, but rather Scribus printing code.

toyotadesigner

Yup, all you need is a postscript printer or a software RIP to use a non postscript printer. I had Turboprint for macOS and a PCL large format printer, that setup worked like a charm. Unfortunately the large format printer died too soon...

vadv55

Thanks everyone for the help. I think that the simplest and easiest option for printing for non postscript printers is to pre-convert SLA format to PDF format.

utnik

yes, creating high quality .pdf files for print is what scribus is developed for.

utnik