Scribus > General Discussion

Recover data from Scribus file

(1/2) > >>

Damnameneus:
Hello!
I'm really new to Scribus, but been working on some project for the last two months just for fun learning. The issue is that I've created a booklet I was trying to fix and polish step by step and I was nearly ready to save a final version.
I'm working on Kubuntu, with Scribus 1.5.5, although the file was started on another computer that wasn't mine and I can't remember if it used the same version (although I'd say yes, because it was loaded and worked fine). So far, it everything worked neat, but four days ago with a last change I made to some texts and a vector I included, the file won't open anymore.
Scribus launches fine and it keeps endlessly loading it until it suddenly closes (it's taking it between 2 and 3 hours to finally crush). I've been searching around and couldn't fine anyway to fix it, so I assumed the file might be corrupted? I could open a copy of it to check it's XML, though.
Also, I've tried launching it from Konsole, and just at the beginning it throws this alert:
Icon theme "Numix-Circle-Light" not found.
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 5 (BadAtom), sequence: 1177, resource id: 0, major code: 19 (DeleteProperty), minor code: 0
I'm currently making another attempt this way to see if it also throws some error when finally crushing, but it might take some hours. So far it keeps stuck on 2% loaded.
How normal is this? Is there anyway to recover, at least, changes to the texts?

utnik:
hi damnameneus

--- Quote from: Damnameneus on April 08, 2021, 02:33:43 pm ---…How normal is this?
--- End quote ---

if the file has been closed in a normal way (no crash), this is far from being normal!

--- Quote ---Is there anyway to recover, at least, changes to the texts?
--- End quote ---

that's hard to tell, but if you show me the file, i'll give it a try…

utnik

Damnameneus:
Hi! To my knowledge, there were no crushes last time I saved the file. Although Kubuntu does funny things from time to time with some apps like Krita, but so far I haven't had any issue with Scribus. This is the first and only file that gives me trouble, in fact:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/teo6tej19g4awd5/BOOKLET_JP3.sla?dl=0

utnik:
hi damnameneus

i had no real problems to open your file. but it needs more than my 16 gigabytes of ram. i needed 7 minutes to open the file and the disc swapping converts the smallest move into a time consuming process.
if i can find the time, i will split the file tomorrow and investigate it a bit…

utnik

Damnameneus:
Ok, thanks for checking!

--- Quote from: utnik on April 09, 2021, 12:23:47 am ---if i can find the time, i will split the file tomorrow and investigate it a bit…

--- End quote ---

It is possible to divide it so it's handleable then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version