Failed to open or import pdf files

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgoyle9

I would like to open or import pdf or eps files but there is
ghostscript fatal error. Help.

mnawij

Hi Gorgoyle9,

To help further, What operating system? Which version of Scribus? Which version of ghostscript installed?

Thanks!

mnawij

Philogos

Help.
I have had the same problem with importing PDF file into Scribus 1.4.8 on Windows 11. I have tried a number of PDF files, including some that worked on previous versions of Scribus and a postscript generated as a Scribus export. Same result or Scribus just stops talking to me.

PostScript import failed when calling gs as:
-q -dNOPAUSE -dNODISPLAY -dBATCH -dDELAYBIND -g5472x3456 -r288 -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -c 0 0 translate -sTraceFile=C:\Users\vic_h\AppData\Local\Temp\\\ps.out -sExportFiles=C:\Users\vic_h\OneDrive\Napoleon\Documents\Projects\Books\20211113 Teheran\Document--9780956343079-Perfect C:\Program Files (x86)\Scribus 1.4.8\libs\import.prolog C:\Users\vic_h\OneDrive\Napoleon\Documents\Projects\Books\20211113 Teheran\9780956343079-Perfect.pdf -c flush cfile closefile quit

Ghostscript diagnostics:

GPL Ghostscript 9.55.0: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

ant Ghostscript

to execute in a safer environment, but at the same time

have selected DELAYBIND. Unless you use this option with

care (and specifically, remember to call .bindnow) it is

possible that malicious code may be able to evade the

limited security offered by the SAFER option.

Error: /undefined in GS_PDF_ProcSet

Operand stack:

false

Execution stack:

%interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
           --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1990   1   3   %oparray_pop   1989   1   3   %oparra
        y_pop   1977   1   3   %oparray_pop   1834   1   3   %oparray_pop   --nostringval--   %errorexec_pop   .runexec2   --no
        stringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--

Dictionary stack:

--dict:1213/1684(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:76/200(L)--

Current allocation mode is global

Current file position is 2261