Where did my text go?

Previous topic - Next topic

joe ferguson

Hello all,

New to scribus and to this forum.

I have learned to use text boxes and have successfully typed into a text box.  But somehow I have hit the wrong key and now when I type into the text box, I cannot see the text until after I right click.  I used to be able to see text as I typed it.  What happened?

Also I had quite a time making my first post to this forum.  I simply could not find a "New Post" button on the home screen and after exploring all over the home page, I selected a random post and scrolled down to the bottom to find a "New Topic" button.  Is this the standard procedure for a new post or did I miss something on the home screen?

Thanks,

joe

joe ferguson

One more thing, dear forum

When I open Properties in any of the frames I have, the properties box is all grayed out.  Could it be related to the above problem of invisible text?

joe

dragonfly

Tip: clarify your version of Scribus and on what OS.

Now in my Scribus 1.5.6 / Ubuntu the frames properties box is grayed out when the boundaries of textframe are not selected (they should be red). Then properties box is in focus.

Nermander

Quote from: joe ferguson on February 09, 2021, 09:02:36 PM
Also I had quite a time making my first post to this forum.  I simply could not find a "New Post" button on the home screen and after exploring all over the home page, I selected a random post and scrolled down to the bottom to find a "New Topic" button.  Is this the standard procedure for a new post or did I miss something on the home screen?

You have to first navigate into the forum where you want to start a new topic, then at the top right there is a button New topic. Also New poll and few others.