Scribusoid

Author Topic: Cannot browse any directory  (Read 689 times)

noobie2021

• Scribus User
Cannot browse any directory
« on: February 06, 2021, 07:29:54 pm »
I downloaded Scribus Version 1.5.6.1 for OS X (I run Catalina).
I open the app.
I make a new document.
If I want to add an image, I add the image frame. If I double-click, I can browse directories on my mac, but unfortunately im the preview all is empty. No documents. I can only open an image if I now drag it from a directory to the window in Scribus.
Scribus cannot access any files from the browse window.
How can I solve this.
I've searched during at least one hour online and on the forum without success. I have a german system so all is in german, not sure I looked for the correctkeywords (I looked for browse, authorize, directories, not showing and so on).

I'm showing here 2 screenshots.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/vdyN3gZ
If I drag a .png from the desktop to the brwose window for testing, then it will show up. But the browse itself does not see any documents. No matter if I'm on "all files" or just "supported files". Nothing' shows up.

AdmFubar

• Scribus User
Re: Cannot browse any directory
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 10:29:40 pm »
you have a "/" in the File Name line of the dialog. I bet this does a bit of weird filtering on mac os. Try removing it and see if it shows the files in the directory.

noobie2021

• Scribus User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 02:08:50 am »
you have a "/" in the File Name line of the dialog. I bet this does a bit of weird filtering on mac os. Try removing it and see if it shows the files in the directory.
But the dialog is given by Scribus. I mean there's no way to change it. I can navigate via this dialog (pull-down) through all directories, but the issue is that no content is displayed.

digirew

• Scribus User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 07:44:38 pm »
Im running 10.14.6 and Scribus 1.5.6 and have no issues displaying the preview.

I also tested it on Big Sur and the previews show no problem.

Perhaps have you tried changing your scribus language to english & restart scribus?, maybe there is a bug with german language.