Linked Text Frames issue

Previous topic - Next topic

banjolasse

Hi!

I can't get linked text to work properly. I have a section I want the PDF user to be able to fill in over multiple lines.
I've set up the links like this

However, in Acrobat Reader the text field overshoots instead of continuing on the next line

When I tried to make sense of this I tried to fill the text boxes with lorem ipsum to see if they worked at all, and they seemed to work as intended in Scribus, like so

But in Reader each line behaves like a duplicate of the first.

Why is this, and how do I fix it? Is it some export setting? I get the same behavior in a new project, and I have also tried both versions 1.4 and 1.5+

Very thankful for any help.

Nermander

I think the linking of text frames only work in Scribus, I don't think the PDF form format has support for linked text frames.

banjolasse

Oh, that's a shame if that's the case. I have used PDFs that work that way, but perhaps they were not created in Scribus.

Thanks, anyway.

utnik

hi banjolasse

Quote from: banjolasse on January 28, 2021, 12:40:28 PMI have used PDFs that work that way...

are you sure? ...if yes, could you provide such a .pdf form? – as i couldn't find anything about linked text fields in the adobe help.

utnik

banjolasse

You're probably right, actually. I double checked that PDF and it's probably just a single box with multi-line support that I assumed was linked. Oh well  :D

Cheers.

Nermander

But I guess the solution with a script changing focus will only work if you are adding text at the end of a field.

If you are inserting text in the middle of the field, changing the focus when the field overflows will not give the desired result.

banjolasse

Yes, this turned out to sort-of work, but it defeinitely has flaws. I realize now that what I really want is a simple multi-line field with a set line spacing and first line indent. However, when using PDF Text Fields, none of the settings or paragraph styles stay in effect when I export. It looks fine in Scribus, but it's a mess in Reader (see images).

In Scribus:

In Reader:

I have attached another document which I'm trying to mimic, where it works like I want it to. The field in question is the first on page 2.

Yet again thankful for any help  :-*

[attachment deleted by admin]