Printery printed only the frame of only-white-on-transparent-foil

Previous topic - Next topic

DrPinguin

Hi!
I want to let print a white logo on clear foil.
So i did the follwing  (like the printery wanted it):
- created special color white and selected "overprint" instead of "knockout"
- created a new layer named "weiss" and moved the logo to it

The problem is now that i received the result from the printery, but they only printed the scribus image frame (in a perfect untransparent white like i wanted it to be) but sadly the logo itself was missing.
So i asked the printery what happend and they checked the file and said that the logo is in it as a pixleimage, so they printed its outline, cause its in the file as a vector path. They ment i should use photoshop since that could make pixleimages that way printable too.
But i dont have ps and dont need it expect for this case, so i hope you can help me make it printable in scribus too.
Can i in some way just implement the logo as a vector and make it printable for my needs that way? Are there other ways?

Nermander

I think the problem here is transparency.

What file format is the logo? Does the file have transparency?

You don't need Photoshop for that, you can do it in GIMP.

mnawij

Hi DrPinguin,

https://logosbynick.com/gimp-delete-background-to-transparent/

https://daviesmediadesign.com/?s=transparent+background

I would have to see the image to give you more specific advice on transparency. Specifically if you could convert it to vector format easily.

For your raster image to have a vector path and/or clip path (this is vector also) it had to be created and saved with the raster image. Did you purchase the artwork from online?

Cheers!

mnawij

DrPinguin

The Logo is a png with transparent background.
Btw The logo is in very very light grey to make it visible for me in scribus. Cause i dye it in scribus with the special color white i just added for that, it shouldnt be a problem, right?

I tryed to just comvert it online to vector, but when i paste the vector to scribus it has a frame too and the programm (and the exported pdf) not seem to register the logo itself.

Attached are:
-PNG file i pasted in scribus
-Vector i converted from the png (not used already)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

If the PNG has transparent background, does the image frame you are placing it in have transparent background?

DrPinguin

Im pretty sure, at least i changed nothing like this and in scribus its completly not looking like they would have a background.

Attached i added a picture of how the result was looking. At all the logo got printed, but not with special color white so its nearly invisible

mnawij

DrPinguin, attached is the logo converted to vector format.  The font used in the lettering to right of the logo is Texicali I believe, I do not have or I would have recreated the label. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

mnawij

AdmFubar

I wonder if there is a difference in loading the image via the file system instead of using the clipboard.Have you tried that?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

RodneyLee

can you just sent the printer a hires png with trans background