Development > User Interface

Automatic Text Frames

(1/2) > >>

joesber:
When opening a new document there is the option of selecting "automatic text frames", which works good enough and sets text frames correctly inside the margins.

But for some reason I don't find the possibility of doing that once the document ist already opened. Do I am blind and the tool is right in front of my eyes? Or isn't it possible to create automatically text frames in an already created document??

Probably it is a silly question and I'm just unable to see where to click... Hope that's the case!

AdmFubar:
Goto the page menu, Page/Insert you can add more pages and text frames will be added as specified on the page setup when you initially created your document

joesber:
"[...] text frames will be added as specified on the page setup when you initially created your document"

My question is how to do it when the document is already created (but the box for "automatic text frames" was not selected).

utnik:
this might be possible in some future versions, but with current scribus versions it isn't.

utnik

digirew:
Unless im misunderstanding something, if all your after is placing a text frame onto a page (full size of page/margins etc), this can be easily achieved by creating a script via. the scripter api (https://impagina.org/scribus-scripter-api/). This way all you have to do is run the script from the scripter menu and it will do all the work for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version