15.6.1 Interface text resolution

Previous topic - Next topic

giuseppe.dimenno

Hello,

I've been using (Win10) 1.5.5 without any problem for long time.

I've just installed 1.5.6.1 version, but something wierd happened: in the 1.5.6.1 interface I see the images and text in my documents with a bad resolution (plase see the attachments). It did not happened with 1.5.5 version.

I tried to search in all the settings I cannot figure out how to fix it.

I can actually get the pdf with full resolution, but the document text is very bad in the main interface and is annoying me very much (you can see the difference between the interface screenshot and the pdf one) :-(

Thanks for your help

Giuseppe

[attachment deleted by admin]

RodneyLee

I am pretty sure their is a setting for display quality, I just cannot seem to find it ATM

Nermander

Could this maybe be a consequence of improvements for 4k displays? So while it works better on 4k displays, it works not as good for regular displays?

giuseppe.dimenno

Please see attached the difference between the splashscreen of 1.5.5 and 1.5.6.1: the second one is blurred, so the document text is. I hope it can help.

Unfortunately now I can no longer use 1.5.5 since I get a crash message :-( even if I uninstalled it and reinstalled (both 1.5.5 and 1.5.6.1)

Thanks for your help :-)

[attachment deleted by admin]

rodin88

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. The way I solved this problem was:
right-click on the Scribus icon > Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings > Check "Override high DPI..." and choose "System (enhanced)".

This works for me, but then the app is a little blurry (but it's much better than before).

Hope that can help you while waiting for a patch.

giuseppe.dimenno

@rodin88 Thank you soooo much!!! Very very much better! Not as good as with 1.5.5 (that unfortunately I cannot use any longer since I get a crash when I open it) but now I can work on my documents witout being blind.

I hope that a fix could be soon patched :-)

Thanks again <3

hohesC

ukunikeza6z

I am pretty sure there is a setting for display quality but I was stuck somewhere