Scribus > Raster and Vector Graphics

Blend modes not displaying correctly

<< < (2/3) > >>

jghali:
>> After some googling I read that blending modes react differently to CMYK colorspaces over RGB colorspaces.

Yes, they will behave quite differently. So it is generally not a good idea to use RGB colors + blend modes in a layout targetted for printing on a professional press.

Kurbitur:

--- Quote ---Yes, they will behave quite differently. So it is generally not a good idea to use RGB colors + blend modes in a layout targetted for printing on a professional press.
--- End quote ---
But in my case I was using cool black (CMYK) on top of a CMYK image or is there some colorspace setting or something I am missing out on? Also is there a overprint preview in Scribus?

jghali:
Scribus performs all blending mode computations in RGB colorspace (like Indesign does by default). Scribus currently does not have anything like overprint preview. On Linux you can get it by using Adobe Reader (if you still can!), it is not enabled by default either for performance reasons, you would need to enable it manually in display preferences.

jghali:
Forgot one thing, display of CMYK colors by Adobe Reader on Linux was pretty broken as far as I remember. This was apparently due to lack of color management. So not sure that Adobe Reader overprint preview will even provide an accurate preview on Linux.

jghali:
Looking at the screenshots you posted in your first post, it is also possible that your printer's workflow has simply removed transparency informations (including blend modes) from your PDF. Lots of printer do not like transparencies either because of outdated RIPs or because they don't know how to handle them. Transparency and blend mode rendering in PDF is somewhat complicated stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version