Save document preferences like zoom levels?

Previous topic - Next topic

digirew

I have many Scribus documents that are very small (for example business card size or smaller).

Is there a way that I can set the zoom level to like 300%, so that when I re-open that document in the future, It knows to open it at 300%? and not default back to 100%?

(some docs I might want 300%, some 400% etc).

a.l.e

no, but you can zoom very fast to 400% with cltr-mouse-wheel or by pressing +...

adding a setting for this should not be too hard, but i wonder if there is a real need for it...
(on top of it, i guess that instead of a default zoom level, it would be more useful to have a setting to ask scribus to scroll to same position and zoom level... but, again, i fear that this is one of those feature that you find really cool when they are not there and you put them on a wish-list, but are more meh when you need to use them)

digirew

a.l.e

I know it may seem simply enough what you mention "you can zoom very fast to 400% with cltr-mouse-wheel or by pressing +..."

However, we have many users that might open/edit hundreds of documents per day. Doing this each time is a lot of extra steps. Most of these file are very small and need 300-400% magnify by default.

Perhaps there is a way to set this on a document open script somehow?

I also noticed in the scribus > preferences > Operator tools

this is an area that I can setup the min and max zoom level percentages. I still havent figured out what exactly this does  but when I change the min level to 300%, it does not save when I close and re-open Scribus. (im on a mac 10.14.6)

dragonfly

QuoteHowever, we have many users that might open/edit hundreds of documents per day. Doing this each time is a lot of extra steps. Most of these file are very small and need 300-400% magnify by default.

That is a tall order.
First thought is to use an automation script (like a macro) but this becomes difficult in a cross platform scenario (across Linux, Windows, Mac).
One approach I am using for another application is to parse the document code before running.
Likewise Scribus *.sla can be parsed as XML and attributes therein edited.
In fact if you look at ScribusGenerator.py in Scripter you should be able to add a variable in document attribute and run that script to change document height variable in a batch run controlled by a csv file.