Where is my Color Swatch?

Previous topic - Next topic

Ged

I'm having difficulties with colors.  I wish to use my own colors that I have designed for my various files.  So, I closed all open files as instructed in the Scribus manual, then ...

• clicked Edit
  • Colors and Fills
  • created and named my colors
  • created a user swatch
OK, so far so good.  Then I went to my file, selected an item, clicked properties, clicked color.  But what happened to my color swatch?  It was swamped with colors that I don't want, and my newly created colors were nowhere to be found.  So, here are the questions:

• How do I get my colors into the file that I am using?
  • How do I get rid of the superfluous colors?
My first 'puter was a 286,
My first dtp was Aldus Pagemaker,
My first printer was a Little Squirt,
My first car was a motorbike.

berteh

Hi Ged.

Did you remove all colors before creating and naming yours ?
If not go to the color editor, click a color and then "remove unused colors", save your swatch again.

To get your colors in a new file go to color editor, get rid of all unused colors and load your swatch it's located below all system swatches.

good luck.

utnik

hi ged

selecting and/or creating color sets without an open document will set the standard for future documents. it doesn't change the colors of files you produced earlier. (the active color set is a part of the .sla file.) if you need those colors in an older file, you have to select your color set (if you saved the greated colors as a set) or to import them from another .sla file (produced after the creaton of your standard colors).

utnik

Ged

How do I delete my swatch and start again?  The delete button is greyed out.

utnik

hi ged

i don't know why this button is greyed out in your file. usually it isn't...

utnik

Ged

I've decided to add my colors to the 'Scribus Small' color set and get rid of my user swatches.  When I click 'Colors and Fills' I see my old unwanted user swatches, but there is no way I can find to delete them.