some elements not printed to PDF

Previous topic - Next topic

berteh

hello.

I'm expecting 4 painting frames in the exported PDF (clevelandCC0.pdf) but only 2 are showing, whereas saving as > image does export all 4 (*page001.png).

And it's not just the frames, but the text element of the PDF Annotation links are not exporting to PDF either (they contain the white "%VAR_title% text).

The "print/export" toggle attribute for the objects is set to export them, and all 4 frames belong to the same layer  (see SLA attachment).

I'm using Scribus 1.5.5 in Xubuntu, and the purpose is to create a single clickable pdf index of artworks with ScribusGenerator... as illustrated in the last attachment (*single_tailored).... but I need pdf export for the hyperlinks to work.

Can you please tell me what to change to have all 4 groups exported ?

Thanks, have a nice day!

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi berteh

i just downloaded and tested your .sla file. it's a bit strange!
when i generate a .pdf file with scribus 1.5.6, all the frames are exported.
when i do the same with scribus 1.5.5, only two frames are there. but when i ungroup (or ungroup and regroup) the two stubborn groups, they export with scribus 1.5.5 as well...

i don't know what's wrong with those groups.

utnik

berteh

Thanks for trying! I'll consider this as a sign I gotta update to 1.5.6 then. Thanks again.

a.l.e

afaik there were bugs in some 1.5 releases when editing (deleting!) items in a group without ungrouping first

they should be solved in the current 1.5.6 code.

berteh

Quote from: a.l.e on June 24, 2020, 05:49:24 PM
afaik there were bugs in some 1.5 releases when editing (deleting!) items in a group without ungrouping first

Might be it, I did that a lot.
In the meantime ungrouping before exporting to pdf does work around the issue.

Will update to 1.5.6 when in PPA, thanks !

a.l.e

there is a PPA for the trunk...

you can keep both 1.5.5 and the trunk in parallel (for the rare cases when the trunk introduces new bugs)

berteh

thanks for the pointer to trunk PPA, didn't notice before.