Scribus > PDF Generation

some elements not printed to PDF

(1/2) > >>

berteh:
hello.

I'm expecting 4 painting frames in the exported PDF (clevelandCC0.pdf) but only 2 are showing, whereas saving as > image does export all 4 (*page001.png).

And it's not just the frames, but the text element of the PDF Annotation links are not exporting to PDF either (they contain the white "%VAR_title% text).

The "print/export" toggle attribute for the objects is set to export them, and all 4 frames belong to the same layer  (see SLA attachment).

I'm using Scribus 1.5.5 in Xubuntu, and the purpose is to create a single clickable pdf index of artworks with ScribusGenerator... as illustrated in the last attachment (*single_tailored).... but I need pdf export for the hyperlinks to work.

Can you please tell me what to change to have all 4 groups exported ?

Thanks, have a nice day!

utnik:
hi berteh

i just downloaded and tested your .sla file. it's a bit strange!
when i generate a .pdf file with scribus 1.5.6, all the frames are exported.
when i do the same with scribus 1.5.5, only two frames are there. but when i ungroup (or ungroup and regroup) the two stubborn groups, they export with scribus 1.5.5 as well…

i don't know what's wrong with those groups.

utnik

berteh:
Thanks for trying! I'll consider this as a sign I gotta update to 1.5.6 then. Thanks again.

a.l.e:
afaik there were bugs in some 1.5 releases when editing (deleting!) items in a group without ungrouping first

they should be solved in the current 1.5.6 code.

berteh:

--- Quote from: a.l.e on June 24, 2020, 06:49:24 pm ---afaik there were bugs in some 1.5 releases when editing (deleting!) items in a group without ungrouping first

--- End quote ---

Might be it, I did that a lot.
In the meantime ungrouping before exporting to pdf does work around the issue.

Will update to 1.5.6 when in PPA, thanks !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version