Frozen images

Previous topic - Next topic

tjones0150

I'm creating a page in my document with text and pictures.  I've first laid out the text, then placed the pictures in small oval frames in open spaces left in the text.  After I've placed the picture, I don't seem to be able to edit it or its position once I've clicked on the frame.  Am I doing this wrong or in the wrong order?  The picture does not appear to be selectable anymore.

utnik

hi tjones

if your standard setting for imported images is to scale them to the frame size, you need to check 'free scaling' in the 'image properties' (scribus 1.5.?) or in 'properties' → 'image' (1.4.?) to be able to scale or move the image in its frame.

utnik

tjones0150

Initially there is a text frame on the page with text in it.  The text frame and its contents are editable.  When I insert the picture and its image frame into the text frame, it is temporarily editable.  Once I click anywhere inside the text frame, the image is no longer editable, and, it  appears to no longer have an image frame associated with it.  Checking "free scaling" did not make a difference.
tjones0150

utnik

hi tjones

i just stumbled over:
Quote...When I insert the picture and its image frame into the text frame...

are you really inserting your image into the text frame? (copy & paste when in text editing mode?) – in this case the image is handled as a glyph in your text (with some strange glitches...) i wouldn't recommend this!

utnik