Saving as PDF

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolynPMeyer

I am attempting to save my first Scribus file as a pdf. It is a 10-page document with photos. I clicked to export all pages. It seems to go through the process but the result is one blank page. What am I missing? Thank you.

utnik

hi carolyn

are there any warnings from the preflight verifier?
what sounds very strange to me is the fact, that you got a single page from a ten page document...

i can't tell you what happened here without access to your file. but if you can show me the file, i will take a close look at it.

utnik

CarolynPMeyer

Thank you. How do I send you the file? I am most certainly a Newbie and grateful for Scribus Forums.

A related question: This file is one of 4 that I have planned; each should be about 10 pages.  I would like to distribute each file as I get it finished. Ultimately I would like to join them as one pdf file. Is this reasonable to join pdf files or is it better to create one pdf of all the information from the start? 

utnik

hi carolyn

Quote from: CarolynPMeyer on May 17, 2020, 10:08:21 PMHow do I send you the file?

you could upload the file to a file host (either a complete set of work files created by 'file' → 'collect for output' or at least the .sla file) and send me a personal message with the download link.
Quote...Is this reasonable to join pdf files or is it better to create one pdf of all the information from the start?

usually my 16gb of ram are sufficient to deal with my entire files. but if your projects require more ressources than your computer provides, you may combine your .pdf files later. (i use pdfsam or jpdftweak for such things...)

utnik

jack_cat

Quote from: CarolynPMeyer on May 17, 2020, 10:08:21 PM
.... I would like to join them as one pdf file. Is this reasonable to join pdf files or is it better to create one pdf of all the information from the start?

This, I think, depends partly on the total scribus file size.
If the scribus file is unmanageably large, then split it up,
set the page numbers on each part, and export separate pdfs
which can then easily be reassembled.
Scribus chokes on book-length file sizes, in my experience so far.

I routinely export pdfs from many scribus
files which contain my separate chapters and assemble them using PDFtk.
There are lots of pdf managers out there which will assemble many pdfs
into one file, so this is not a problem at all. I do it routinely and often, and
do it again with the revisions just as often.

jack