How do i get the minimize, resize buttons on my windows?

Previous topic - Next topic

gregnh

i am using ubuntu 10.10. i have been browsing a lot of the online help, and sometimes i see screenshots  with the properties window with a minimize button on it, whereas mine only has an x for close. is there anyway to get that in the gnome desktop or do i have to use kde? because that properties window sure takes up some space.

Christen_Anderson

Scribus 1.4.0 on Windows Vista 32-bit

https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/

Admin

Quote from: gregnh on March 20, 2011, 10:11:07 PM
i am using ubuntu 10.10. i have been browsing a lot of the online help, and sometimes i see screenshots  with the properties window with a minimize button on it, whereas mine only has an x for close. is there anyway to get that in the gnome desktop or do i have to use kde? because that properties window sure takes up some space.

That's got to be related to the funky changes Ubuntu made in the user interface of late. I am running Debian and Scribus properties palette does have all three minimize/resize/close buttons on it.
Scribus Forum Admin. Please PM with questions if you are having administrative problems with the forum.

gregnh

its my first version of ubuntu or linux. i did find a way to make the window roll up, although it still doesnt put the buttons in. in the menu, system/preferences/windows there is a Titlebar section where double clicking on the titlebar either rolls up, maximizes, or minimizes the window. so i switched to to roll up & that works. but that sets the default for all the windows. i thought maybe i could try & configure it w/ gconf, but what i have works for now, & it clears alot of screen quick. if a solution comes along later thats cool.

John_Jason_Jordan

Quote from: gregnh on March 28, 2011, 05:56:13 PM
its my first version of ubuntu or linux. i did find a way to make the window roll up, although it still doesnt put the buttons in. in the menu, system/preferences/windows there is a Titlebar section where double clicking on the titlebar either rolls up, maximizes, or minimizes the window. so i switched to to roll up & that works. but that sets the default for all the windows. i thought maybe i could try & configure it w/ gconf, but what i have works for now, & it clears alot of screen quick. if a solution comes along later thats cool.

You can change the way windows look in System > Preferences > Appearance. I noticed that starting with Lucid the default window buttons are on the other side. I quickly changed them back to the traditional positions.

Some people confuse change with progress.
Linguistics on Linux!