Scribus > General Discussion

How do i get the minimize, resize buttons on my windows?

(1/2) > >>

gregnh:
i am using ubuntu 10.10. i have been browsing a lot of the online help, and sometimes i see screenshots  with the properties window with a minimize button on it, whereas mine only has an x for close. is there anyway to get that in the gnome desktop or do i have to use kde? because that properties window sure takes up some space.

Christen_Anderson:
what version of scribus are you using?

gregnh:
its 1.5

Admin:

--- Quote from: gregnh on March 20, 2011, 11:11:07 pm ---i am using ubuntu 10.10. i have been browsing a lot of the online help, and sometimes i see screenshots  with the properties window with a minimize button on it, whereas mine only has an x for close. is there anyway to get that in the gnome desktop or do i have to use kde? because that properties window sure takes up some space.

--- End quote ---

That's got to be related to the funky changes Ubuntu made in the user interface of late. I am running Debian and Scribus properties palette does have all three minimize/resize/close buttons on it.

gregnh:
its my first version of ubuntu or linux. i did find a way to make the window roll up, although it still doesnt put the buttons in. in the menu, system/preferences/windows there is a Titlebar section where double clicking on the titlebar either rolls up, maximizes, or minimizes the window. so i switched to to roll up & that works. but that sets the default for all the windows. i thought maybe i could try & configure it w/ gconf, but what i have works for now, & it clears alot of screen quick. if a solution comes along later thats cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version