Scribus > PDF Generation

generating a pdf of a book mock up with 2 pages spread facing each other

(1/2) > >>

dddmachine:
Hello,

this question has already been asked but i try my chance again.

i would like a pdf where you turn pages like a book and see two facing pages at the same time (like digital magazines sometimes).

This idea is to show a photography book with a consistency between facing pages .

Today in scribus with the preview i can perfectly see that but when i export as pdf the resulting document just shows pages one after the other.

Can you help me to solve this problem ?

Nermander:
You will likely have to imposition the pages after export from Scribus. Scribus exports page by page.

The poor man solution is to use 2-up printing from a PDF viewer to print to another PDF, but there are also a lot if impositioning tools out there.

dddmachine:
thank you for your answer. Not sure i understand well but thanx anyway

RodneyLee:
sometime printers will print in want your layout in "Reader View" or "printer Spread" reader view is easiest to deal with as its just single pages for me as I am a hack at DTP even though I have been doing this a long time is to layout my book in paper first numbering the pages front to back then copying that into Scribus.

mnawij:
dddmachine,

What is your end goal for the project? Digital viewing or having the book printed?  If it is digital viewing, the problem is not with Scribus, it would be the pdf viewers and you would have to search for reader spreads.  If it is printed, then you will need to look up printer spreads and/or imposition of pdf files.  If you would clarify further I might have some suggestions for you.

Cheers!

mnawij

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version