long list of free objects show up in print preview

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolynPMeyer

I am preparing my document to print to PDF. All 10 pages have a green check. Under that is written "Free Objects" and a long list of terms such as: text overflow, object is not on a page, missing image. After each line it says "Background." 

utnik

if you click on an item in the list of the preflight verifier, the object will be selected and centered on the canvas. you should really check them.

utnik

CarolynPMeyer

Thank you for your reply. The 10 actual pages of my document get a green check mark. Under that a  long list of "free objects" goes on and on listing things such as missing photo, overflow text, object is not on a page, etc.  and I can't get rid of them. They seem to represent changes I made as I developed the document.  If I click the < before the Free Objects triangle they go away except for the words "free objects."  I am ready to export to pdf. Is this going to cause a problem?

utnik

hi carolyn

if the reported 'free objects' and 'missing images' are just leftovers from an early stage of your file, there won't be a problem with the .pdf. (but you have to check the exported file thoroughly...)

utnik